Why do I want to use the Online Application process?
The online application is a secure tool to submit your information and payment. It will improve the efficiency of the application for the customer by:
- reducing the overall process time
- providing real-time information on the candidate's MyASNT account
- reducing the number of errors when completing the application documentation
How do I begin the online process?
Log in to ASNT.org first.
- If you are new to ASNT, it will be necessary to create an account.
- If you are not new to ASNT but never have logged into ASNT.org, then it will be necessary to reset your password.
If you are an existing ASNT customer, or have previously purchased product(s) at ASNT and your information is not showing up in the system, please contact customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (614) 274-6003 to assist you in reestablishing your account.
Do I need to send payment when I complete the online registration?
Payment must be received in full before the application is processed. The online registration will accept credit cards but will also allow the application to be submitted without payment if paying by check or wire transfer.
For certain countries, payment can be made to the agent or NSO in that country. If there is an NSO or agent in your area that information will be presented in the application process, or can be found here. This service is not available until January 3, 2017.
REMINDER: The application approval process will not begin until full payment has been received including any outstanding balances or late fees.
If the option to pay later is selected; the application will only be held for 15 business days (3 calendar weeks). This will result in the application discarded and the application process to start again. You will be provided with a proforma invoice number to reference when you send in your payment and receive an email from ShopASNT.org with your receipt of the payment. Below is the ASNT payment policy.
- Applications will not be processed until payment is received and applied.
- All payments need to be made in United States currency and checks drawn from a U.S. bank. Applicants are responsible for all taxes, banking and other service fees, including all applicable withholding taxes.
- Mail checks to: ASNT, PO Box 28518 Columbus, Ohio 43228 USA
- Send checks by courier services to: ASNT, 1711 Arlingate Lane Columbus Ohio 43228 USA
When paying by electronic/wire transfer:
- Payment must be made in US Dollars (USD).
- The maker is responsible for all fees incurred in sending the wire transfer. This would include fees accessed by Intermediary and/or Correspondent Banks. The payment received must be for the full amount in US Dollars (USD).
- Include a reference with the wire transfer. This will allow ASNT to identify the payment. The reference should include the customer’s name, the ASNT identification number (if available), and the product or service requested. (Example: John Smith #88852 Exam Fees)
- E-mail FT@ASNT.org the bank wire transfer confirmation along with the purpose of the remittance. (Example: Invoice Number, Application for Certification, Membership, Conference, Books, etc.)
- Banking Information:
Beneficiary: The American Society for Nondestructive Testing Inc
Abbr.: THE AMRIN SOC FR NNDSTRCTV TESING
Federal Tax ID# 31-1231529
Bank Name: The Huntington National Bank
ABA Routing Number: 044000024
Swift Code: HUNTUS33
Account Number: 01893692967
The Huntington National Bank
7 Easton Oval
Columbus, OH 43219
What materials are required to submit an online application?
Similar to the paper application process, except the information will be completed electronically and certain documents will require uploading. For example:
- Be prepared and complete forms with your employment and work history and then upload them during the application.
Be prepared to upload all pertinent documentation, such as educational diplomas, transcripts, and certifications
- All documentation must be in English or accompanied by an English translation.
I have all my materials in one file. Can I upload it only once or do I need to provide separate files?
The online registration process allows the submittal of a single file or as separate files. We prefer separate documents for each section. It will still be necessary to check the applicable boxes through the application process, however it can be noted that the applicable documentation was uploaded earlier.
How much does it cost to get certified under each program?
Where can the exams be taken?
Exams can be taken at Pearson Vue exam centers, and at ASNT Partner locations. For more information, see Exam Delivery.
Is the online application process available to all applicants?
Can a candidate apply for recertification online?
Yes the online system allows for renewing of existing certifications. Renewal is achieved either by exam or using the points system depending on the individual program.
Once the application is submitted, how are the examinations scheduled?
After submittal the application will be reviewed to ensure the qualification requirements have been satisfied. The candidate will receive an email from ASNT to the primary email address with detailed instructions on how to schedule exams.
Once the online application process has begun, is it possible to save and come back to it later?
No, you must complete the application in its entirety. Your session will time out after 15 minutes . All required fields must be completed and required documentation uploaded.
I received notice from ASNT that I have to provide additional materials. Where do I do that?
An upload material button will be provided in your account portal in MyASNT to upload the additional materials.
It is necessary to provide a photo for the wallet card. What file format is available?
.JPG is the preferred format. .GIF and .PNG are also accepted. All other formats will be rejected. Please submit a color photo.
What happens if the Qualification requirements are not met or the candidate wishes to withdrawal an application?
For not meeting qualification requirements, an email will be sent to the candidate from ASNT. It will include the ability to request a refund, less a $75 processing fee per method applied for.For withdrawing of an application, the candidate is required to send a letter and state a reason. ASNT will charge a $75 processing fee per method.
How can a candidate obtain books to study before taking the exam?
Is there a method to track the application process?
In the MyASNT portal (my account), it is possible to track the entire process of the application.
How long does a candidate have to take an exam?
Once the candidate receives the approval letter from ASNT, they have 12 consecutive months to take the exam. Failing to meet this timeline will invalidate the application and it will be necessary to reapply.
When does the candidate obtain certification?
Candidates who pass their exams and have no deficiencies in their application will be certified.
When does the candidate receive the paper certificate and wallet card?
The certificate and wallet card will be mailed out approximately 4 to 6 weeks after the results have been received. Certification can be verified by a third party by visiting the certificate holder listing on the ASNT website or by calling (614) 274-6003.
What about an ASNT membership? Is it included?
During the online registration process, that candidate will have an opportunity to purchase membership along with the chosen certification program. A significant saving on certification and many other products are available with membership. The prices will be adjusted in the shopping cart.
How does a candidate get a receipt of the certification application?
A receipt will be emailed to the candidate at the primary address from ShopASNT.org immediately after the purchase. A candidate can obtain copies of a certification receipt and receipts to all ASNT transactions by visiting Invoices/Transaction history in MyASNT.
If a candidate fails an exam, how soon can they reapply and retest?
A candidate may reapply the next business day after failing but will not be able to sit for an exam until they receive a new approval letter from ASNT.