Undergraduate students enrolled in colleges and universities in the United States with recognized engineering department programs at the time the application is submitted for this scholarship. Each potential candidate for this award must show their anticipated graduation date to be later that the date the award funds are to be distributed. Each potential candidate must also show an active interest in the field of nondestructive testing and evaluation.
Students applying for the scholarship must submit the following:
- Completed application form, signed by applicant and school official. DOWNLOAD THE FORM HERE
- Outline of student’s program of study.
- Official school transcripts showing all completed coursework.
- Three (3) individual letters of recommendation
- Student’s original essay describing how he/she envisions the role of NDT/NDE in his/her career.
Click Here to Submit Your Nomination Online
The Financial Awards Committee selects up to three (3) $3,000 scholarships each year based on the following criteria:
- Academic performance based on transcripts.
- Essay evaluation.
- Clarity and intelligibility.
- Potential contribution to NDT.
- Letters of support from faculty.
- Overall impression.
- Nomination deadline: 15 December 2020.
- The Financial Awards Committee will provide its recommendation to the Board of Directors before or during ASNT’s Research Symposium.
- The recipient(s) and non-recipient(s) will be notified following the ASNT Annual Conference.
- Funds will be made available in July.
For any questions regarding the award process or timeline, please contact ASNT’s Program Specialist, Jessica Ames (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Form of Award
$3,000 in funding. Recipients who are not members of ASNT shall be given a complimentary one (1) year student membership.