Applicants must be current ASNT members and NDT technicians. In general, the individual’s duties and responsibilities should be similar to those described by SNT-TC-1A for NDT Level I, II, and III personnel. No single definition of a technician will be adequate in all cases. However, some general rules shall apply:
- Primary job function is to perform ‘hands-on’ inspection and evaluation of various products through the application of one or more NDT methods.
- Has no supervisory or managerial responsibilities other than ‘on-the-job’ training or guidance as described in SNT-TC-1A.
- Has no responsibility for the development of the criteria used for product acceptance.
- Normally would not hold an educational degree higher than a two-year (associate’s) engineering diploma
Nominations for this award should be made jointly by the technician’s employer and local sponsoring section. Nominees applying for the award must submit the following:
- Nomination Form (DOWNLOAD HERE)
- Letter of support from the nominee’s supporting local section, verifying membership and meeting attendance.
- Letter of support from the nominee’s employer that includes a detailed description of the nominee’s primary job responsibilities.
- Photocopies of certificates or awards shall be included with the nomination form if not verified by the employer’s letter
Click Here to Submit Your Nomination Online
The Recognition and Honors Committee selects up to one award per year, using established guidelines and rating categories on the GRADING SHEET and achieving a rating of 1,600 or more points. Points can be earned for:
- ASNT membership
- Service to Local Section
- ASNT sponsored education program
- Service to National ASNT
- Technical Papers
- Technical meeting presentations
- Job-related accomplishments
- Other NDE related certifications
- Continuing education units in related subjects
- Endorsements from Employer and Local Section
Nominations are due 1 March
For any questions regarding the award process or timeline, please contact ASNT’s Program Specialist, Jessica Ames (firstname.lastname@example.org).