Problem: A Solution
Publication: Publication Date: 1 July 2016Testing Method:
A solution is now available
to reduce or eliminate scatter effects and allow cone beam computed tomography
users to achieve the clarity of fan beam scanning without sacrificing the
speed associated with the cone beam technique. As the latest evaluations
show, this new scatter correction technology also provides significant
computed tomography data quality improvements for high-energy microfocus
computed tomography scans.
- Baer, M., M. Hammer, M. Knaup, I. Schmidt, R. Christoph, and M. Kachelrieß, “Scatter Correction Methods in Dimensional CT,” Conference on Industrial Computed Tomography, Wels, Austria, 19–21 September 2012.
- Bartscher, M., U. Hilpert, and D. Fiedler, “Determination of the Measurement Uncertainty of Computed Tomography Measurements using a Cylinder Head as an Example,” Technisches Messen, Vol. 75, No. 3, 2008, pp. 178–186 (in German).
- Brunke, O., F. Hansen, I. Stuke, and F.F. Butz, “A New Concept for High-speed Atline and InlineCT for up to 100% Mass Production Process Control,” 18th World Conference on Nondestructive Testing, Durban, South Africa, 16–20 April 2012.
- Carmignato, S., A. Pierobon, P. Rampazzo, M. Parisatto, and E. Savio, “CT for Industrial Metrology—Accuracy and Structural Resolution of CT Dimensional Measurements,” Conference on Industrial Computed Tomography, Wels, Austria, 19–21 September 2012.
- De Chiffre, L., S. Carmignato, J.-P. Kruth, R. Schmitt, and
- A. Weckenmann, “Industrial Applications of Computed Tomography,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 63, No. 2, 2014, pp. 655–677.
- Hiller, J., M. Maisl, and L.M. Reindl, “Physical Characterization and Performance Evaluation of an X-ray Micro-computed Tomography System for Dimensional Metrology Applications,” Measurement Science and Technology, Vol. 23, No. 8, 2012.
- Hsieh, J., Computed Tomography: Principles, Design, Artifacts and Recent Advances, second edition, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, New Jersey, 2009.
- Kak, A.C., and M. Slaney, Principles of Computerized Tomographic Imaging, IEEE Press, New York, New York, 1988.
- Kruth, J.-P., M. Bartscher, S. Carmignato, R. Schmitt, L. De Chiffre, and A. Weckenmann, “Computed Tomography for Dimensional Metrology,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 60, No. 2, 2011, pp. 821–842.
- Neuser, E., O. Brunke, and A. Suppes, “High Resolution Industrial CT Systems: Advances and Comparison with Synchrotron-based CT,” Proceedings of the International Symposium on Digital Industrial Radiology and Computed Tomography, Berlin, Germany, 20–22 June 2011.
- VDI, VDI/VDE 2630, Part 1.3, Computed Tomography in Dimensional Measurement – Influencing Variables on Measurement Results and Recommendations for Computed Tomography Dimensional Measurements, Verein Deutscher Ingenieure, Dusseldorf, Germany, 2010.
- Verburg, J.M., and J. Seco, “CT Metal Artifact Reduction Method Correcting for Beam Hardening and Missing Projections,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, Vol. 57, No. 9, 2012.
311 Page Views
0 PDF Downloads
1 Facebook Shares