Publication: Publication Date: 31 July 2016Testing Method:
This paper describes the use of NDT (X-ray) simulation
to demonstrate a few selected applications such
as technique optimization, generating radiographs,
and coverage maps. The paper is divided into three
major sections: introduction of an X-ray simulator; FAT
for setup optimization; and coverage maps.
- Bordas, S.P.A., J.G. Conley, B. Moran, J. Gray, and E. Nicols, “A Simulation-based Design Paradigm for Complex Cast Components,” Engineering with Computers, Vol. 23, 2007, pp. 25–37.
- Gray, J., “Recent Developments of an X-ray Simulation Tool,” Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on Modeling of Casting, Welding and Advanced Solidification Processes, Aachen, Germany, 20–25 August 2000.
- Gray, J., “Three Dimensional Modeling of Projection X-ray Radiography,” Review of Progress in Quantitative Nondestructive Gray, J.N., T. Jensen, and D. Wallingford, “Application of an X-ray Process Model for Inspection Optimization,” Review of Progress in Quantitative Nondestructive Evaluation, Vol. 12a, 1993, p. 319.
- NTSB, “United Airlines Flight 232 McDonnell Douglas DC-10-10,” NTSB-AAR-90-06, National Transportation Safety Board, Washington, D.C., accessed 15 March 2011.
- Peralta, A.D., M. Enright, M. Megahed, J. Gong, M. Roybal, and J. Craig, “Towards Rapid Qualification of Powder-bed Laser Additively Manufactured Parts,” Integrating Materials And Manufacturing Innovation, 5 May 2016.
- Roth, D.J., A. Abdul-Aziz, and J.N. Gray, “X-ray Test Simulations for the Interior Skin-to-flange Weld for the NASA Ares Rocket Segment,” Materials Evaluation, Vol. 69, No. 6, 2011, pp. 767–793.
- Wendt, S., J. Gray, and C. Zhou, “The Effect of Lead Intensification Screens on Film: Modeling and Experiment,” Review of Progress in Quantitative Nondestructive Evaluation, Vol. 23a, 2004, p. 530.
99 Page Views
0 PDF Downloads
0 Facebook Shares