A Generalizable Radiography Algorithm Test Environment for NDE Applications
Conference: Publication Date: 24 October 2016Testing Method:
This work demonstrates a generalizable test environment platform that can load multiple algorithms and automatically run a test-set of X-ray Data from a Radiography Image Database to determine their efficacy based on various metrics of interest. The output will be text and graphical data communicating performance such as hit rates, ROC Curves, Proportion correct, and other methods of estimating detection. The platform can easily integrate algorithms written in various programming languages, providing great flexibility and allows for the measurement of similar algorithms deployed in different software environments. This platform has many applications within the Non-Destructive Evaluation Community, including anomaly detection, feature extraction, and quality assurance.
- Mark Adler, T. Boutell, John Bowler, C. Brunschen, AM Costello, L.D. Crocker, A Dilger, O. Fromme, J Gailly, C Herborth, et al. Portable network graphics (png) specification. Specification V1, 2:W3C, 2003.
- Adobe Developers Association et al. Tiff revision 6.0. Internet publication: http://www. adobe. com/Support/TechNotes. html, 1992.
- ASTM E ASTM. 2339, standard practice for digital imaging and communication in nondestructive evaluation (diconde), 2011.
- Glen M Blake and Ignac Fogelman. Technical principles of dual energy x-ray absorptiometry. In Seminars in nuclear medicine, volume 27, pages 210–228. Elsevier, 1997.
- A Gorecki, A Brambilla, V Moulin, E Gaborieau, P Radisson, and L Verger. Comparing performances of a cdte x-ray spectroscopic detector and an x-ray dual-energy sandwich detector. Journal of Instrumentation, 8(11):P11011, 2013.
- Edward S Jimenez, Laurel J Orr, and Kyle R Thompson. Object composition identification via mediated-reality supplemented radiographs. In 2014 IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium and Medical Imaging Conference (NSS/MIC), pages 1–6. IEEE, 2014.
- Joseph J. LaViola Jr. A testbed for studying and choosing predictive tracking algorithms in virtual enviroments. EGVE ’03 Proceedings of the workshop on Virtual environments 2003, April 2003.
- Matthias Keller, Christoph Robbert, and Manuel Peuster. An evaluation testbed for adaptive, topology-aware deployment of elastic applications. Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM 2013, August 2013.
- The Mathworks, Inc., Natick, Massachusetts. MATLAB version 126.96.36.1991360 (R2016a), 2016.
- Peter Mildenberger, Marco Eichelberg, and Eric Martin. Introduction to the dicom standard. European radiology, 12(4):920–927, 2002.
- Parashar Barve M. Lutful Hai Kittisak Sakkapongse Durgesh K. Sharma Tina Smilkstein, Kiran Kumar Tati. An evolutionary algorithm testbed for quick implementation of algorithms in hardware. Evolving and Self-Developing Intelligent Systems, 2009, April 2009.
- NEMA IIC 1 v01. Digital imaging and communications in security (dicos) information object definitions (iods), 2010.
- Gregory K Wallace. The jpeg still picture compression standard. IEEE transactions on consumer electronics, 38(1):xviii–xxxiv, 1992.
- Ron Wurtz, Sean Walston, Dan Dietrich, and Harry Martz. Metrics for developing an endorsed set of radiographic threat surrogates for jinii/caars. Technical report, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), Livermore, CA, 2009.
65 Page Views
0 PDF Downloads
0 Facebook Shares