Construction Site Evaluation Employing 3D Models from UAV Imagery
Conference: Publication Date: 26 March 2018Testing Method:
Continuous monitoring of construction stages using traditional methods such as survey measurement is a laborintensive process. With the advancements in Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) and image processing techniques, monitoring procedures can be improved.
First, various flight parameters, mission planning applications and cameras for capturing aerial images will be compared. Second, the procedure for post-processing aerial images to create 3D models and orthomosaics will be reviewed including the impact of different ground sampling distances on the quality of the 3D models. Optimized 3D models will be analyzed further to achieve accurate measurements (length measurement and volume measurement). Finally, the effects of inclusion of manually surveyed ground control points on the final measurements will be reviewed and the accuracy of the measurements will be compared against manual and survey measurements.
- S. Siebert and J. Teizer, “Mobile 3D mapping for surveying earthwork projects using an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) system,” Autom. Constr., vol. 41, pp. 1–14, 2014.
- Y. Ham, K. K. Han, J. J. Lin, and M. Golparvar-Fard, “Visual monitoring of civil infrastr ucture systems via camera-equipped Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs): a review of related works,” Vis. Eng., vol. 4, no. 1, p. 1, 2016.
- F. Remondino, L. Barazzetti, F. Nex, M. Scaioni, and D. Sarazzi, “UAV photogrammetry for mapping and 3d modeling–current status and future perspectives,” Int. Arch. Photogramm. Remote Sens. Spat. Inf. Sci., vol. 38–1/C22, no. 1, pp. 25–31, 2011.
- J. Wang and C. Li, “Acquisition of UAV images and the application in 3D city modeling,” no. March 2008, p. 66230Z, 2007.
- I. Colomina and P. Molina, “Unmanned aerial systems for photogrammetry and remote sensing: A review,” ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, vol. 92. pp. 79– 97, 2014.
- Y. Li, S. Zheng, X. Wang, and H. Ma, “An efficient photogrammetric stereo matching method for highresolution images,” Comput. Geosci., vol. 97, pp. 58–66, 2016.
- E. Tate, “Digital Photogrammetry,” 1998. [Online]. Available: http://www.ce.utexas.edu/prof/maidment/grad/tate/study/remote/TermProj.html. [Accessed: 07-Mar-2018].
- Pix4D, "Offline Getting Started and Manual". Lausanne, 2017.
- M. Cramer, D. Stallmann, and N. Haala, “Direct georeferencing using gps/inertial exterior orientations for photogrammetric applications,” Int. Arch. Photogramm. Remote Sens., vol. 33, no. B3, pp. 198–205, 2000.
- R. B. Langley, “RTK GPS,” GPS World, pp. 70–76, Sep-1998.
91 Page Views
0 PDF Downloads
0 Facebook Shares