Publication: Publication Date: 1 January 2017Testing Method:
This Back to Basics
paper examines certain factors to provide further information
for individuals applying infrared thermography for the
detection of subsurface damage in concrete bridge
- Adams, T., J. Pincheira, and Y.H. Huang, “Assessment and Rehabilitation Strategies/Guidelines to Maximize the Service Life of Concrete Structures,” Wisconsin Highway Research Program, Madison, Wisconsin, 2002, pp. 1–5.
- ASTM, ASTM D 4788: Standard Test Method for Detecting Delaminations in Bridge Decks using Infrared Thermography, ASTM International, West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, 2013.
- Bertolini, L., B. Elsener, P. Pedeferri, and R.B. Polder, Corrosion of Steel in Concrete: Prevention, Diagnosis, Repair, Wiley, Weinheim, Germany, 2004.
- Clark, M.R., D.M. McCann, and M.C. Forde, “Infrared Thermographic Analysis of Bridges: Case Study,” Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, Vol. 1813, 2002, pp. 242–246.
- Clemena, G.G., and W.T. McKeel, “Detection of Delamination in Bridge Decks with Infrared Thermography,” Transportation Research Record, Vol. 664, 1978, pp. 180–182.
- Huston, D., P. Fuhr, K. Maser, and W. Weedon, “Nondestructive Testing of Reinforced Concrete Bridges using Radar Imaging Techniques,” New England Transportation Consortium, 2002, pp. 94–92.
- Kipp, J.S., and J.T. Kunz, “Thermographic Investigation of a Bridge Deck,” Public Works, Vol. 114, No. 9, 1983, pp. 70–73.
- Manning, D.G., and F.B. Holt, “Detecting Delaminations in Concrete Bridge Decks,” Concrete International, Vol. 2, No. 11, 1980, pp. 34–41.
- Manning, D.G., and T. Masliwec, “Application of Radar and Thermography to Bridge Deck Condition Surveys,” Bridge Management: Inspection, Maintenance, Assessment and Repair, 1990.
- Maser, K.R., and W.M.K. Roddis, “Principles of Thermography and Radar for Bridge Deck Assessment,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, Vol. 116, No. 5, 1990, pp. 583–601.
- Masliwec, T., “An Experimental and Theoretical Evaluation of IR Thermography for Surveying the Condition of Bridge Decks,” Proceedings of SPIE Thermosense X, 1988.
- Rumbayan, R., “Modeling of Environmental Effects on Thermal Detection of Subsurface Damage for Concrete Bridges,” thesis, University of Missouri Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Columbia, Missouri, 2013.
- Rumbayan, R., and G.A. Washer, “Modeling of Environmental Effects on Thermal Detection of Subsurface Damage in Concrete,” Research in Nondestructive Evaluation, Vol. 25, No. 4, 2014, pp. 235–252.
- Russell, H.G., NCHRP Synthesis 333: Concrete Bridge Deck Performance, Transportation Research Board, Washington, D.C., 2004.
- Sohanghpurwala, A.A., Manual on Service Life of Corrosiondamaged Reinforced Concrete Bridge Superstructure Elements, Transportation Research Board, Washington, D.C., 2006.
- Washer, G., “Advances in the Use of Thermographic Imaging for the Condition Assessment of Bridges,” Bridge Structures: Assessment, Design & Construction, Vol. 8, No. 2, 2012, pp. 81–90.
- Washer, G., R. Fenwick, N. Bolleni, and J. Harper, “Effects of Environmental Variables on the Infrared Imaging of Subsurface Features in Concrete Bridges,” Transportation of Research Board: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, Vol. 2108, 2009, pp. 107–114.
- Washer, G., R. Fenwick, and N. Bolleni, “Effects of Solar Loading on Infrared Imaging of Subsurface Features in Concrete,” Journal of Bridge Engineering, Vol. 15, No. 4, 2010, pp. 384–390.
- Yehia, S., “Detection of Common Defects in Concrete Bridge Decks using Nondestructive Evaluation Techniques,” Journal of Bridge Engineering, Vol. 12, No. 2, 2007, pp. 215–225.
300 Page Views
0 PDF Downloads
0 Facebook Shares