Ultrasonic Beam Models for Angle Beam Surface Wave Transducers
Publication: Publication Date: 1 August 2016Testing Method:
Explicit three-dimensional (3D) point source and multi- Gaussian beam models are obtained for the Rayleigh waves generated by a surface wave angle beam transducer using an angular plane wave spectrum approach. Simulations show that the multi-Gaussian surface wave beam model agrees well with the point source model while being computationally more efficient. The theoretical predictions obtained with the models are also compared to the experimental measurement results where good agreement with the models is found for both on-axis and off-axis field comparisons.
- I. A. Viktorov. Rayleigh and Lamb Waves: Physical Theory and Applications. Plenum Press, New York, NY, pp. 7–16 (1967).
- J. L. Rose. Ultrasonic Waves in Solid Media. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK (1999).
- D. Placko and T. Kundu. DPSM for Modeling Engineering Problems. John Wiley and Sons, New York, NY (2007).
- K. Aki and P. G. Richards. Quantitative Seismology: Theory and Methods. Vol. 1, W. H. Freeman and Co., San Francisco, CA, pp. 298–315 (1980).
- J. D. Achenbach. Reciprocity in Elastodynamics. Cambridge Univ. Press, London, pp. 116–144 (2003).
- L. W. Schmerr and A. Sedov. Review of Progress in Quantitative Nondestructive Evaluation. Vol. 30A, D.O. Thompson and D. E. Chimenti, eds., American Institute of Physics, Melville, NY, pp. 771–778 (2011).
- X. Zhao, L. W. Schmerr, A. Sedov, and X. Li. Review of Progress in Quantitative Nondestructive Evaluation. Vol. 33A, D. O. Thompson and D. E. Chimenti, eds. American Institute of Physics, Melville, NY, pp. 556–562 (2014).
- L. W. Schmerr and S. J. Song. Ultrasonic Nondestructive Evaluation Systems: Models and Measurements. Springer, New York, NY, pp. 179–230 (2007).
- L. W. Schmerr. Fundamentals of Ultrasonic Nondestructive Evaluation: A Modeling Approach. Plenum Press, New York, NY, (a) pp. 199–204, (b) pp. 260–272, (c) pp. 543–549 (1998)
- L. W. Schmerr. Fundamentals of Ultrasonic Phased Arrays. Springer, New York, NY, pp. 99–111 (2014).
- J. J. Wen and M. A. Breazeale. J. Acoust. Soc. Amer. 83:1752–1756 (1988).
57 Page Views
0 PDF Downloads
0 Facebook Shares