Qualification and Stability of a Computed Tomography System for Small Parts Inspection
Conference: Publication Date: 25 July 2016Testing Method:
Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) has been doing Research & Development on digital radiography (DR) and computed tomography (CT) for many years. Recently, DR/CT processes have needed to be qualified for production use. All system variables must be addressed, established, documented, and tracked. Part of the qualification is performing a system baseline characterization. Periodic stability tests comparing results to the baseline are then performed to ensure the system is operating within acceptable limits. DR and CT spatial resolution and contrast sensitivity, and DDA detector offset, are performed initially and then repeated on a weekly basis to ensure the digital detector array is operating within tolerance. The tests have been also used to qualify a second identical system by comparison to the first system.
- National Nuclear Security Agency, T097 Qualification of Digital Radiographic Imaging Techniques.
- Los Alamos National Laboratory, SS6K0461 General Specifications for Digital Radiography of Los Alamos National Laboratory Designed Parts and Assemblies.
- ASTM International, E1695 Standard Test Method for Measurement of Computed Tomography (CT) System Performance.
- ASTM International, E2737 Standard Practice for Digital Detector Array Performance Evaluation and Long-Term Stability.
- ASTM International, E2597 Standard Practice for Manufacturing Characterization of Digital Detector Arrays.
- ASTM International, E2698 Standard Practice for Radiological Examination Using Digital Detector Arrays.
- Federal Working Group on Industrial Digital Radiography, Paper No. 002-12, Feb. 2012.
- Materials Affordability Initiative, Guidelines for the Use of Digital Detector Arrays and Computed Radiology for Aerospace Casting Inspections.
- ASTM International, E2002 Standard Practice for Determining Total Image Unsharpness in Radiology.
- Vision in X Industrial Imaging, iSee! Professional User Manual.
- ASTM International, E2445 Standard Practice for Performance Evaluation and Long-Term Stability of Computed Radiography Systems.
- ASTM International, E1570 Standard Practice for Computed Tomographic (CT) Examination.
- The Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers, RP133 Specifications for Medical Diagnostic Imaging Test Pattern for Television Monitors and Hard-Copy Recording Cameras.
131 Page Views
0 PDF Downloads
0 Facebook Shares