Is Time of Flight Diffraction Blind for
Inner Diameter and
Publication: Publication Date: 1 November 2016Testing Method:
The goal of this paper is to emphasize the effectiveness
of time of flight diffraction on the top surface (inner diameter) and bottom surface
(outer diameter) of welds.
- ASME, ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code, American Sociey of Mechanical Engineers, New York, New York, 2013.
- ASTM, ASTM E 2373/E 2373M, Standard Practice for Use of the Ultrasonic Time of Flight Diffraction (TOFD) Technique, ASTM International, West Conhohocken, Pennsylvania, 2014.
- Birring, A.S., and B.K. Nidathavolu, “Ultrasonic Testing of Welds by Time of Flight Diffraction: Codes, Guidelines and Standards,” Materials Evaluation, Vol. 63, No. 9, 2005, pp. 910–914.
- Dijkstra, J.A., J.E. Deraad, and T. Bouma, “Time of Flight Diffraction and Acceptance Criteria: A Perfect Team,” Materials Evaluation, Vol. 56, No. 3, 1998, p. 396.
- DIN, ENV 583-6, Non-destructive Testing – Ultrasonic Examination Part 6: Time of Flight Diffraction Technique as a Method for Defect Detection and Sizing, Deutsches Institut für Normung, Berlin, Germany, 2008.
- ISO, ISO 10863, Non-destructive Testing of Welds – Ultrasonic Testing – Use of Time-of-flight Diffraction Technique (TOFD), International Organization for Standardization, Geneva, Switzerland, 2011.
- Nath, S.K., K. Balasubramaniam, C.V. Krishnamurthy, and B.H. Narayana, “An Ultrasonic Time of Flight Diffraction Technique for Characterization of Surface-Breaking Inclined Cracks,” Materials Evaluation, Vol. 67, No. 2, 2009, pp. 141–148.
- Olympus, “Introduction to Phased Array Ultrasonic Technology Applications: R/D Tech Guideline,” Olympus NDT, third printing, 2007.
- Silk, M.G., and B.H. Lidington, “The Potential of Scattered or Diffracted Ultrasound in the Determination of Crack Depth,” Non-Destructive Testing, Vol. 8, No. 3, 1975, pp. 146–151.
130 Page Views
0 PDF Downloads
0 Facebook Shares