HDPE Pipe Thermal
Publication: Publication Date: 1 April 2016Testing Method:
The objective of the volumetric inspection
technique described in this paper is to determine the
amount of recrystallization of the melt zone and
therefore the strength of the joint. Full recrystallization
of the melt zone for the fusion would result in full
ductility of the melt zone. All errors or changes in crystallinity
cause a localized change in the dielectric
properties and permittivity of the material.
- ASTM, ASTM F2620, Standard Practice for Heat Fusion Joining of Polyethylene Pipe and Fittings, ASTM International, West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, 2013.
- Gray, B., and K.A. Murphy, “A Review of Non-destructive Evaluation Techniques for Butt-fusion Welded High Density Polyethylene Joints,” NACE Northern Area Western Conference, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, February 2008.
- Sadowski, M.M., and K.A. Murphy “Examination of Current Oil and Gas Industry Practices for the Evaluation of Butt Fusion Welded High Density Polyethylene Joints,” NACE Northern Area Western Conference, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, February 2008.
- Stakenborghs, R., and J. Little, “Microwave Based NDE Inspection of HDPE Pipe Welds,” ICONE17-75742, Proceedings of the 17th ASME International Conference on Nuclear Engineering, Vol. 4, Brussels, Belgium, 12–16 July 2009.
- Stakenborghs, R., and J. Little, “Mechanical Test Correlation for Microwave Based NDE Inspection of HDPE Thermal and Electro-fusion Pipe Joints,” ICONE18-30260, Proceedings of the 18th ASME International Conference on Nuclear Engineering, Vol. 6, Xi’an China, 17–21 May 2010.
- Stakenborghs, R.J., “Validation of a Microwave Based Inspection System for HDPE Butt Fusions,” PVP2014-29068, Proceedings of the ASME 2014 Pressure Vessels and Piping Conference, Anaheim, California, 20–24 July 2014.
355 Page Views
0 PDF Downloads
0 Facebook Shares