Identification of Crack Flaw in Beams
Conference: Publication Date: 11 April 2016Testing Method:
The vibration behavior of a cracked simply supported beam is investigated. The beam is modeled as an Euler- Bernoulli beam with rectangular cross section. The analytical solutions are capable of detecting location of cracks and other possible structural flows on a beam by using its first natural frequency. The effects of the location and
depth of the crack on the natural frequencies, and mode shapes of the beam are investigated. Detection of the crack location using natural frequencies as the main parameters is also discussed.
- A. D. Dimarogonas, and C.A. Papadopoulos, “Vibration of cracked shafts in bending” Journal of Sound and Vibrations, 91, pp. 583-593, 1983.
- S. Christides, and A. D. S. Barr, “One-dimensional theory of cracked Bernoulli-Euler beams” Journal of mechanical science, Vol. 26, pp. 639-648, 1984.
- M. H. H. Shen, and C. Pierre, “Natural modes of Bernoulli-Euler beams with symmetric cracks” Journal of sound and vibration, Vol. 138, pp. 115-134, 1990.
- M. H. H. Shen, and C. Pierre, “Free vibrations of beams with a single-edge crack” Journal of sound and vibration, Vol. 170, pp. 237-259, 1994.
- A. Messina, “Revisiting Galerkin’s method through global piece-wise-smooth functions in Christides and Barr’s cracked beam theory” Journal of Sound and Vibration, 263, pp. 937-944, 2003.
- S. S. Law, and Z. R. Lu, “Crack identification in beam from dynamic responses” Journal of Sound and Vibration, 285, pp. 967-987, 2005
- Z. R. Lu, and S. S. Law, “Features of dynamic response sensitivity and its application in damage detection” Journal of Sound and Vibration, 303, pp. 305-329, 2007.
- S. Zhong, and S. O., Oyadiji, “Analytical prediction of natural frequencies of cracked simply supported beams with a stationary roving mass” Journal of Sound and Vibration, 311, pp. 328-352, 2008.
- Z. Xiang, and Y .Zhang, “Changes of modal properties of simply-supported plane beams due to damages” Interaction and Multi scale Mechanics, 2, pp. 153-175, 2009.
67 Page Views
0 PDF Downloads
0 Facebook Shares