Basic Human Factors and Nondestructive Testing
Publication: Publication Date: 1 January 2015Testing Method:
It is important to think about human factors and how they are defined to be able to better understand their effect on inspection results. This definition will affect how an inspector decides which technique should be used to get the best results from nondestructive testing.
- CAA, CAP 715, An Introduction to Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Human Factors for JAR 66, Civil Aviation Authority, London, United Kingdom, 2002.
- CAA, CAP 716, Aviation Maintenance Human Factors (EASA /JAR145 Approved Organizations), Guidance Material on the UK CAA Interpretation of Part-145, Human Factors and Error Management Requirements, Civil Aviation Authority, London, United Kingdom, 2003.
- CAA, CAP 718, Human Factors in Aircraft Maintenance and Inspection, Civil Aviation Authority, London, United Kingdom, 2002.
- Campbell, R.D., and M. Bagshaw, Human Performance and Limitations in Aviation, second edition, Wiley-Blackwell, Oxford, United Kingdom, 1999.
- Coon, D., Introduction to Psychology, third edition, West publishing Co., St. Paul, Minnesota, 1983.
- Doharty, S., Development of Human Hazard Analysis Method for Crossed Confection Incidents in Aircraft Maintenance, M.S. thesis, Bournemouth University, Poole, England, 1999.
- Endsley, M.R., “Design and Evaluation for Situation Awareness Enhancement,” Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting, October 1988, Vol. 32, No. 2, pp. 97–101.
- Hawkins, F.H., Human Factors in Flight, second edition, Ashgate Publishing, Farnham, United Kingdom, 1993.
- ICAO, “Human Factors Digest No. 1 Fundamental Human Factors,” Circular 216, International Civil Aviation Organization, 1989.
- NTSB, “Aloha Airlines, Flight 243, Boeing 737-200, N73711,” Aircraft Accident Report, National Transportation Safety Board, Washington, D.C., 1989.
- Sears, R.L., “A New Look at Accident Contributions, Quoted in Greaber and Marx,” Reducing Human Error in Aviation Maintenance, Flight Safety Foundation 46th Annual International Air Safety Seminar, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 1993.
- Solso, R.L., Cognitive Psychology, fourth edition, Allyn and Bacon, Boston, Massachusetts, 1995.
151 Page Views
0 PDF Downloads
1 Facebook Shares