Nondestructive Testing Software Developed at NASA Glenn Research Center
Publication: Publication Date: 1 May 2015This paper appeared as a feature in the biannual NDTMarketplace product guide insert.
NASA Glenn Research Center has developed several important nondestructive evaluation related software packages for different projects in the last 10 years. Three of the software packages have been created with commercial-grade user interfaces and are available to United States entities for download on the NASA Technology Transfer and Partnership Office server. This article provides brief overviews of the software packages.
- Aldrin, J.C., D.J. Roth, J.P. Seebo, and W.P. Winfree, “Protocol And Assessment of Signal Processing and Feature Extraction Methods for Terahertz NDE for Spray-on Foam Insulation,” Proceedings of the 33rd Annual Review of Progress in Quantitative Nondestructive Evaluation, Portland, Oregon, 30 July–4 August 2006.
- Gorman, M.R., “Modal AE Analysis of Fracture and Failure in Composite Materials, and the Quality and Life of High Pressure Composite Vessels,” Journal of Acoustic Emission, Vol. 29, 2011.
- Roth, D.J., and J.C. Aldrin, “Recent Advanced Signal Processing Methods for Waveform-based NDE Methods,” Ultrasonic and Advanced Methods for Nondestructive Testing and Material Characterization, ed. C.H. Chen, Chapter 26, World Scientific Publishing Co., Singapore, 2007, pp. 613–634.
- Roth, D.J., E.R. Burke, R.W. Rauser, and R.E. Martin, “A Novel Automated Method for Analyzing Cylindrical Computed Tomography Data,” Proceedings of the 2011 ASNT Fall Conference, Palm Springs, California, 24–28 October 2011, pp. 139–145.
- Roth, D.J., J.P. Seebo, L.B. Trinh, J.L. Walker, and J.C. Aldrin, “Signal Processing Approaches for Terahertz Data Obtained from Inspection of the Shuttle External Tank Thermal Protection System Foam,” Proceedings of the 33rd Annual Review of Progress in Quantitative Nondestructive Evaluation, Portland, Oregon, 30 July–4 August 2006.
- Roth, D.J., J.P. Seebo, and W.P. Winfree, “Simultaneous Noncontact Precision Imaging of Microstructural and Thickness Variation in Dielectric Materials using Terahertz Energy,” Materials Evaluation, Vol. 66, No. 3, 2008, pp. 325–331.
- Roth, D.J., R.E. Martin, R.W. Rauser, C.T. Nichols, and P.J. Bonacuse, “NDE Software Developed at NASA Glenn Research Center,” NASA/TM—2014-218331, NASA, October 2014a.
- Roth, D.J., R.W. Rauser, R.R. Bowman, R.E. Martin, A. Koshti, and D.S. Morgan, “The Critical Role of High Resolution X-ray Micro-computed Tomography for Ultra-thin Wall Space Component Characterization,” Materials Evaluation, Vol. 72, No. 3, 2014b, pp. 383–391.
- Roth, D.J., C.T. Nichols, R.L. Saulsberry, J.M. Waller, J. Simmons, D. Weathers, J. Tylka, and R. Lucero, “Development of Automated Acoustic Emission Analysis Software for Self Monitoring Smart COPVs,” Composite Conference 2012, Las Cruces, New Mexico, 13–17 August 2012.
49 Page Views
0 PDF Downloads
0 Facebook Shares