This paper introduces a cylinder-type magnetic camera using in inspection of small-bore piping system. 16×16 Hall sensors were arrayed at spatial resolution of 2.5 mm in the sensor probe to form a 23.0 mm – diameter cylinder-type integrated Hall sensor array probe (CIHaS). The CIHaS could operate in area-type mode by operating all the sensor elements or scan-type mode by select a circumferential line sensor. Both the phase and amplitude of magnetic field density could be extracted for detection and evaluation of damage in a small-bore pipe. In this paper, a titanium pipe with inner diameter of 23.7 mm and thickness of 0.8 mm having artificial corrosion will be carried out in the experiment.
1. Park DG, Ryu KS, Son D, 2011, “Detection of magnetic phase in the steam generator tubes of NPP InTech,” pp. 165–84.
2. Obrutsky L, Renaud R, Lakhan R, 2007, “Steam generator inspections: faster, cheaper and better, are we there yet?” IV Conferencia Panamericana de END, pp. 1–17.
3. Ito Y., Masuda T., Nagao K., Matsuoka K., 1997, “Ultrasonic testing system for ERW mill,” IAS '97, 2, pp. 866- 872.
4. Drunen G.V, Cecco V.S, 1984, “Recognizing limitations in eddy current testing,” NDT & E Int, 17(1), pp. 7–9.
5. Sadek HM, 2006, “NDE technologies for the examination of heat exchangers and boiler tubes – principles, advantages and limitations,” Insight, 48(3), pp.181–183.
6. Kurokawa M, Miyauchi R, Enami K, Matsumoto M, 1999, “New eddy current probe for NDE of steam generator tubes,” Electromagnetic nondestructive evaluation (III). IOS Press. p. 57 – 64.
7. Lafontaine G, Hardy F, Renaud J, 2001. X-Probe® ECT array, “A high-Speed Replacement for Rotating Probes,” 3nd International Conference on NDE in Relation to Structural Integrity for Nuclear and Pressurized Components, Nov 14-16, 2001, Seville Spain.
8. Le, M., Lee, J., Jun, J., Kim, J., 2013, “Estimation of sizes of defects on pipes in nuclear power plants using dipole moment and finite element methods,” NDT & E Int., 58, pp. 56–63.
9. Le, M., Kim, J., Vu, H., Do, H.S., Lee, J., 2014, “Localization and evaluation of corrosion in a small-bore piping system using a bobbin-type magnetic camera,” Int. J. Appl. Electromagn. Mech. 45(1–4), pp. 739–745.
10. Lee, J., Jun, J., Kim, J., Choi, H., Le, M., 2012, “Bobbin-Type Solid-State Hall Sensor Array With High Spatial Resolution for Defects Inspection in Small-Bore Piping Systems,” IEEE Trans. Mag., 48(11), pp. 3704–3707.
18 Page Views
0 PDF Downloads
0 Facebook Shares